Grower (also commonly referred to as Producers or Cultivators) – Cultivators are responsible for growing cannabis. Mature plants are harvested and transferred to a Processor.
Processors – Processors take harvested cannabis from Cultivators and create derivative extracts for edibles, concentrates, topicals, and prepacks. Finished products are transported to Dispensaries.
How many Medical Marijuana licenses are being awarded in Pennsylvania?
- Region 1 (Southeast) – 2 Grower/Processor permits
- Region 2 (Northeast – 2 Grower/Processor permits
- Region 3 (Southcentral) – 2 Grower/Processor permits
- Region 4 (Northcentral) – 2 Grower/Processor permits
- Region 5 (Southwest) – 2 Grower/Processor permits
- Region 6 (Northwest) 2 Grower/Processor permits
What does a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana License entail?
Grower/Processor Permit Applications:
Initial Application Fee: $10,000
Initial Permit Fee: $200,000
What forms of Medical Marijuana are allowed?
The following forms have been approved for medical marijuana:
- Topical forms, including gel, creams or ointments
- A form medically appropriate for administration by vaporization or nebulization, excluding dry leaf or plant form